1. UNZIP GolfScores_UnzipFirst_x.zip. Installers for all parts of the system are within this archive.
2. Install com_golfscores_x.zip with the standard Joomla! extensions installer.
3. Install (optional) mod_golfscores_latest.zip with the standard Joomla! extensions installer.
4. Install (optional, Community Builder required) plug_cb_golfscores.zip with the Community Builder plugin installer.
5. Install (optional, JomSocial required) mod_golfscores_js.zip with the standard Joomla! extensions installer.
6. Install (optional, JomSocial required) gs4sj.zip JomSocial application with the standard Joomla! extensions installer to show scores in JomSocial profiles.
The Golf Scores component starts with three basic possible selections: Enter Scores, View All Scores and View My Scores
When clicking Enter Scores, the member is asked wether 9 or 18 holes were played.
When the member clicks 9 or 18 holes, a form is presented which the player fills out to enter the round. The 9 or 18 hole enter scores form contains the following fields: Date, Course Played, Tee Played, Gross Score, Handicap, Net Score, Comments.
View All Scores
Clicking View All Scores displays all member scores. Back end component parameters allow specifying front end list length.
View My Scores
Clicking View My Scores from the Golf Scores component home brings up a list of the logged in member's scores. In the form is shown all data, as well as Edit and Delete buttons for editing or deleting the round. Back end component parameters allow specifying front end list length.
From the View My Scores page, clicking edit brings up an edit form so the member can make changes to the original data.
If the member wishes to delete a round from the database, this is done by clicking the Delete icon (Red X).
Administration - Back End
Golf Scores Main Admin Panel
From the Golf Scores menu selection in the Joomla administration window, the administrator can browse scores, edit scores and delete scores from the database.
Back end component parameters allow specifying front end list length. Parameters also allow selection of displaying username or name in the All Scores list.
Edit Score - Admin
From the administration panel scores can be edited, for moderation or other reasons.
GolfScores Back End Parameters
Back end parameters include selection of username/name, JomSocial integration and front end list limit.
JomSocial Activity Stream and User Points
New GolfScores version 1.5.5 integrates JomSocial activity stream and user points. Scores entered will show up in the JomSocial activity stream, and will add to JomSocial user points!
Lastest Golf Scores Module
The optional "Latest Scores" module displays recent player scores. Information displayed: Player, course, holes, score.
Latest Golf Scores Module Settings
Within the module settings the following can be configured:
- 1. Number of scores displayed
2. Display in ascending or descending order
- 3. Custom names for column headings
- 4. Item ID settings for linking to the Golf Scores component
- 5. CB Item ID settings to set the proper template settings for CB from the module
- 6. Link to CB - wether latest scores link to Community Builder profiles
Latest Golf Scores Community Builder (CB) Plugin
The optional Latest Scores CB plugin shows the user's latest golf scores within his or her CB profile. CB plugin settings allow for limits to the number of scores listed.